Wednesday, June 29, 2005

More Memories...

It has been a couple of days so I thought I better put some more of my memories on here. There will still be more to come......

My friend, Michelle - My best memory of my friend Michelle is when she planned a surprise birthday party for my 24th birthday at Pizza Corner where we would go sing karaoke every weekend. She had balloons, cake and she had got most of my friends and family to be there and I was totally surprised! The marquise out front even said "Happy Birthday Stephanie" and I was so touched that she went to all that trouble for my birthday.

My friend, Crystal - Wow, this memory comes from way back. I remember when I was about 19 we used to go to a different church than where we go now. And the women's group drew names one year for "secret sisters" where you give little gifts to the person whose name you drew for the whole year and then at Christmas you reveal whose name you had. Crystal had my name and she had stumped me the whole year. I had no idea she was my secret sister. I still have a plaque that she gave me with the "Footprints" poem on it.

My ex-boyfriend, JW - He used to work for this company which required him to take business trips out of town. One time he took me with him to Rocky Mount, Virginia. We were in this hotel that was right smack in the middle of a valley. You could look around you and see mountains on all sides. He had to work most of the time we were down there but just being able to get away with him like that was a great treat and we had such a good time. I think I enjoyed the ride down there and back the best because we talked and sang and cut up the whole time.

My friend, Jennifer - My best memory of my friend Jennifer was when we went to White Lake last year with the other women from the church. Everyone else left Wednesday night after church but Jenn and I waited until Thursday morning and drove down together. She spent the night at my house and we left about 7:30 that morning. We had such a great time and talked so much. (Of course if you know me, then you know TALK is the key word there!!)

My sister-in-law, Kristi - One night Kristi and I went to Target in Greensboro and just spent the whole evening shopping and talking and then we went to Steak and Shake and had supper. It was one of the first times I had ever got to spend time with Kristi without my brother (her husband). I don't even remember why we went now, but we had such a good time.

My "sister", Sandi - I call Sandi my sister even though she isn't (at least by blood), because she has just always seemed like a sister to me. I remember one night when I was about 21 and she was 18 and we just drove around for a few hours talking. We were on our way to a lock-in at the church we used to go to and we were late getting there because we had been driving around. It was nice to be able to just have that kind of "bonding time", I guess you would say.

Well that's all for now. Like I said, I still have other memories to come. Until next time, be blessed....

Love,
Stephanie

No comments: