Thursday, December 07, 2006

Fw: Psalm 55:22

> > > I just had one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and wanted
> to=
> > > share it with my family and dearest friends:
> > >
> > > I was driving home from a meeting this evening about 5, stuck in
> traffic=
> > > on Colorado Blvd.., and the car started to choke and splutter and
> die -=
> > > I barely managed to coast, cursing, into a gas station, glad only
that
> =
> > > I would not be blocking traffic and would have a somewhat warm spot to
> w=
> > > ait for the tow truck. It wouldn't even turn over. Before I could make
> t=
> > > he call, I saw a woman walking out of the "quickie mart" building, and
> i=
> > > t looked like she slipped on some ice and fell into a Gas pump, so I
> got=
> > > out to see if she was okay.
> > >
> > > When I got there, it looked more like she had been overcome by sobs
> than=
> > > that she had fallen; she was a young woman who looked really haggard
> wi=
> > > th dark circles under her eyes. She dropped something as I helped her
> up=
> > > , and I picked it up to give it to her. It was a nickel.
> > >
> > > At that moment, everything came into focus for me: the crying woman,
> the=
> > > ancient Suburban crammed full of stuff with 3 kids in the back (1 in
a
> =
> > > car seat), and the gas pump reading $4.95.
> > >
> > > I asked her if she was okay and if she needed help, and she just kept
> sa=
> > > ying "I don't want my kids to see me crying," so we stood on the other
> s=
> > > ide of the pump from her car. She said she was driving to California
> and=
> > > that things were very hard for her right now. So I asked, "And you
> were=
> > > praying?" That made her back away from me a little, but I assured her
> I=
> > > was not a crazy person and said, "He heard you, and He sent me."
> > >
> > > I took out my card and swiped it through the card reader on the pump
so
> =
> > > she could fill up her car completely, and while it was fueling, walked
> t=
> > > o the next door McDonald's and bought 2 big bags of food, some gift
> cert=
> > > ificates for more, and a big cup of coffee. She gave the food to the
> kid=
> > > s in the car, who attacked it like wolves, and we stood by the pump
> eati=
> > > ng fries and talking a little.
> > >
> > > She told me her name, and that she lived in Kansas City .. Her
> boyfriend=
> > > left 2 months ago and she had not been able to make ends meet. She
> knew=
> > > she wouldn't have money to pay rent Jan 1, and finally in desperation
> h=
> > > ad finally called her parents, with whom she had not spoken in about 5
> y=
> > > ears. They lived in California and said she could come live with them
> an=
> > > d try to get on her feet there.
> > >
> > > So she packed up everything she owned in the car She told the kids
they
> =
> > > were going to California for Christmas, but not that they were going
to
> =
> > > live there.
> > >
> > > I gave her my gloves, a little hug and said a quick prayer with her
for
> =
> > > safety on the road. As I was walking over to my car, she said, "So,
are
> =
> > > you like an angel or something?"
> > >
> > > This definitely made me cry. I said, "Sweetie, at this time of year
> ange=
> > > ls are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people."
> > >
> > > It was so incredible to be a part of someone else's miracle. And of
> cour=
> > > se, you guessed it, when I got in my car it started right away and got
> m=
> > > e home with no problem. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow to check, but
> I=
> > > suspect the mechanic won't find anything wrong.
> > >
> > > Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the
> flutt=
> > > er of their wings...
> > >
> > > Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain
thee.
> =
> > > He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
> > >
> > > My instructions were to pick four people that I wanted God to bless,
> esp=
> > > ecially for the months in 2006 , and I picked you.
> > >
> > > Please pass this to four people you want to be blessed and a copy back
> t=
> > > o me.
> > >
> > > This prayer is powerful and prayer is one of the best gifts we
receive.
> > > There is no cost but a lot of rewards. Let's continue to pray for one
> an=
> > > other.
> > >
> > > Here is the prayer:
> > >
> > > "Father, I ask You to bless my children, grandchildren, friends,
> relativ=
> > > es and e-mail buddies reading this right now. Show them a new
> revelation=
> > > of your love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their
> spi=
> > > rit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and
> m=
> > > ercy. Where there is self doubt, release a renewed confidence through
> Yo=
> > > ur grace, In Jesus' precious name. Amen."
> > >
> > > I know I picked more than four and you can, too.
> > > When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could You
> pleas=
> > > e get that for me?"
> > >
> > > Being blessed is GOOD...being HIGHLY FAVORED is best! <?XML:NAMESPACE
> PR=
> > > EFIX =3D O /> =
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>

No comments: