Thursday, November 04, 2004

Update (and more...)

Thank you all for your prayers for Donna, Jordan and Logan Lee. They are at home recovering and doing well. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

Also, please pray for my former pastor, Rev. James McKinney. James has been diagnosed with leukemia and is in need of all of our prayers.

With so much sickness around us, it is plain to see that satan is fighting us all big time! We need to pray him out of our homes, jobs, schools, relationships.....anywhere where he can get a foothold. God's Word tells us we have the power to rebuke the devil: "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." -James 4:7 (NIV)

We also have the power to claim healing for ourselves and for others: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." -Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)

Sometimes we forget the power which God has instilled in us. It is time to call upon that power and take back the things that satan has taken from us!! We must refuse to let satan have dominion over our lives, robbing us of our health, our peace and our joy. I ask that each of you just take a few moments and pray with me:

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to call upon you once again. Lord, I ask that you forgive me of all my sins and shortcomings that I might have a clear prayer line to you. God, I ask that you turn loose your power in my life and in the lives of those around me. There are so many that are sick and afflicted. I know many who are lost and hurting. God, I ask that you just make yourself real in their lives and do what needs to be done, according to your will. Lord, heal those that are sick. Touch their bodies and make them whole. Father, we know and believe that with you, all things are possible. Lord, please just work miracles all around us and continue to amaze us with your wonderous works. Lord, I call upon you to rule my life and lead me in the ways in which you want me to go. Strengthen and encourage me that I might be a shining light for you, God. Lord, drive the devil out of our homes and our surroundings and bless us with your mercy and grace. Take those that are lost or backslidden and touch their hearts and minds that they might come to you and give their hearts and lives to you. Lord, help me and the others reading this and praying along with me to proudly proclaim the gospel and be your servents. Help us to pray until our world is shaken up and many come to know you and confess you as Lord. God, I just want to thank you for all that you have already done and all that you are about to do. Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers. We will give you all the glory and the honor, for it is in Jesus' precious name that we pray. Amen.

Now, please continue to pray. Let's all P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens). Our generation is in need of a major wake up call. And we have within us the power to defeat satan and really do a work for the Lord. I challenge each of you to continually pray and take note of the things happening around you. Jesus said in Matthew 18:19 (NASB): "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven."

So, if we will come together in prayer we will see miracles happen!!

Until next time, be blessed.....

No comments: