Thursday, November 25, 2004

What Are You Thankful For?

Since today is Thanksgiving, I thought I would list some things that I am most thankful for.  I have so many things that I am thankful for, I hardly know where to start!  God has been so good to me!  But here are a few, and I hope you take the time to reflect on what you are thankful for, and give thanks to the One who makes it all possible:  God!!!
 
I am thankful that God loved me enough to send His Son, Jesus, to die for my sins.  He knew I couldn't reach Heaven on my own, so He sent a sacrifice to die in my place for all my sins.  Thank you, God.
 
I am thankful for my two beautiful children, Whitney and Dylan.  I don't know what I would do without them.  I couldn't ask for two better children and I love them more than life itself.
 
I am thankful for the rest of my family.  I have a wonderful mom and dad whom I love dearly.  I also have two brothers that mean the world to me, as well as a sister-in-law and nephew that I love so much.  God blessed me this year with a stepfather whom I love and who means so much to me.  I also have an adopted sister and niece that are as much family to me as if we were born into the same family.  My grandmother and step-grandfather on my dad's side are still living and I am thankful for them.  I love them very much too.  I also have aunts and uncles and cousins that I thank God for blessing me with.  Another blessing for me this year has been that my dad's stepsister and her family started coming to our church so I have gotten to know an aunt and uncle and cousins that I missed out on knowing as I was growing up.
 
I am thankful for my friends and my church.  I thought I should group these two together because for the most part, they are one in the same.  Most of my closest friends go to church with me and are such a blessing to me.  I am not even going to attempt to call them all by name, because I wouldn't want to leave anyone out.  I am thankful for my church and my pastor and his family.  I thank God that I attend a church where we are free to worship God and give thanks to Him.  I am also thankful for a church that makes me feel so loved and wanted.  My friends are so precious to me and I love them all.  Most of them are like family to me.  I also have friends that I have known from work or school or previous jobs, etc.  They are all as precious to me as jewels and I am so thankful for them.
 
I am thankful for my job, my home, my car.  The things I need to make my life better.
 
I am thankful for my health and for my family's health. 
 
I am thankful for the fact that although we may not always have what we want, we always have what we need.
 
I am thankful to live in a free country and a country where it's citizens are willing to fight to keep us free.
 
I am thankful for where I am in my life right now.  I am thankful that I am not what I used to be.  God has brought me a long, long way!
 
I am thankful for all the hard times, all the pain, all the tears that I have come through.  Without them I would not be where I am now.
 
I am thankful for the talents God has given to me.
 
I am thankful for everything in my life.  God has been so much better to me than I have ever been to Him.  Sometimes when I pray, I find myself praying for the needs of others, but then when I get to myself I hardly know what to ask for.  I have so much.  I am not rich by any means, as far as money and material things.  But what I have been blessed with is worth so much more!  God has given me such a wonderful life and wonderful people to share it with.  So, today and every day, I want to always remind myself of how blessed I am, so that I can remain thankful.  Thanks be to God, from whom all good things come. 
 
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!
 
Until next time, be blessed....
 
Love,
Stephanie

No comments: