Wednesday, October 06, 2004

When the world says we can't, God says we CAN!!

I wanted to say thank you all again for praying for my friend Terra and her newborn son. I don't think I ever told the complete story about Terra. Terra has had a blood disease since she was a young child. Doctors told her parents that she would never live to be 13 years old. When she passed 13 they told her she would never live to be 21. They also told her she would never be able to have any children because her body just couldn't handle it. Well, that may be what the doctors said.....but GOD SAID DIFFERENT!!!!! Terra is now 21 years old (almost 22) and has a week-and-a-half-old baby boy! Isn't it good to know that God is the final authority on all things?!?!? It doesn't matter what anyone else says. If God says you can, then you CAN! I thank God for being a miracle worker....a God that can truly make a way out of no way. There was no doctor or any other human being that could have done for Terra what God did. And not only Terra, but all of us. Think about all the things He has brought you through. Times when people said you wouldn't make it, you wouldn't be able to handle that job, or raise that family, or stay in God's will. People are always saying what we can't do but God tells us we CAN! Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." and Isaiah 26:4-5 says "Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, even to the ground; he bringeth it even to the dust." That tells me that my God can bring our problems ("the lofty city") down even to the ground, and even to the dust. So no matter what a doctor, a lawyer, a friend, or anyone tells you, just remember that God has the final authority and makes the ultimate decision. Nothing happens by chance or by "luck". I serve a God that spoke the entire world into existence. He made man from the dust of the earth and breathed life into him. He brought the dead back to life. Why would I think there would be anything that I could go through that would be impossible for Him. My God can do ANYTHING! Until next time, be blessed.....

Love,
Stephanie





No comments: