Thursday, July 26, 2007

Forgive

How To Forgive (WOW)

One day a while back, a man, his heart heavy with grief, was walking in the
woods. As he thought about his life this day, he knew many things were not
right. He thought about those who had lied about him back when he had a job.

His thoughts turned to those who had stolen his things and cheated him.

He remembered family that had passed on. His mind turned to the illness he
had that no one could cure. His very soul was filled with anger,  resentment
and frustration.

Standing there this day, searching for answers he could not find,  knowing
all else had failed him, he knelt at the base of an old oak tree to seek the
one he knew would always be there. And with tears in  his eyes, he prayed:

"Lord- You have done wonderful things for me in this li fe . You have told
  me to do many things for you, and I happily obeyed. Today, you have told
  me to forgive. I am sad, Lord, because I cannot. I don't know how. It is
  not fair Lord. I didn't deserve these wrongs that were done
  against me and I shouldn't have to forgive. As perfect as your way is
  Lord, this one thing I cannot do, for I don't know how to forgive. My
  anger is so deep Lord, I fear I may not hear you, but I pray that you
  teach me to do this one thing I cannot do - Teach me To Forgive."

  As he knelt there in the quiet shade of that old oak tree, he felt
  something fall onto his shoulder. He opened his eyes. Out of the corner of
  one eye, he saw something red on his shirt.

  He could not turn to see what it was because where the oak tree had been
  was a large square piece of wood in the ground. He raised his head and
  saw two feet held to the wood with a large spike through them.

  He raised his head more, and tears came to h is eyes as he saw  Jesus
  hanging on a cross. He saw spikes in His hands, a gash in His side, a
  torn and battered body, deep thorns sunk into His head. Finally he saw
  the suffering and pain on His precious face. As their eyes met, the
  man's tears turned to sobbing, and Jesus began to speak.

  "Have you ever told a lie?" He asked.

  The man answe red - "yes, Lord."

  "Have you ever been given too much change and kept it?"

  The man answered - "yes. Lord." And the man sobbed more and more.

  "Have you ever taken something from work that wasn't yours?" Jesus asked.

  And the man answered - "yes, Lord."

  "Have you ever sworn, using my Father's name in vain? "

  The man, crying now, answered - "yes, Lord."
  As Jesus asked many more times, "Have you ever?", the man's crying
  became uncontrollable, for he could only answer - "yes, Lord."

  Then Jesus turned His head from one side to the other, and the man felt
  something fall on his other shoulder. He looked and saw that it was the
  blood of Jesus. When he looked back up, his eyes met those of Jesus,
  and there was a look of love the man had never seen or known before.

  Jesus said, "I didn't deserve this either, but I forgive you ."

  It may be hard to see how you're going to get through something,
  but when you look back in life, you realize how true this statement is.

  Read the following first line slowly and let it sink in.

  If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it.

  When Jesus died on the cross, he was thinking of you! If you are
  One of the 7% who will stand up for him, forward this with the Title
  "7%".

  93% of the people won't forward this.

No comments: