Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Daycare stuff

I have been busy all day trying to get ready for the church daycare to open. I am sooooo excited!! But it seems like there is a ton of paperwork that goes along with it. I am praying for guidance that everything is done right. I hope that we can use the daycare as a serious witnessing tool for the Lord. What better way to get adults to know Jesus than through their children? Not to mention, the Bible plainly says in Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Who knows how many souls can be saved simply by teaching these young children about God. I am hoping that we get a lot of children in there who would never even be inside a church any other time. Those are the kind of people I want to reach...young and old. I think about what my friend, Robin says so often: "I want to be the one to make a difference." And I have that same desire. I want to be able to say or do something that will cause someone to turn to the Lord. I know I am not perfect, but I am willing. And God wants a willing vessel so that He can do all the work. By myself I can do nothing, but if I let Him work through me, then all things are possible. And to have a part in just one soul being saved from an eternal hell would be worth it all. I Peter 4:11 says "If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." So I want to be the vessel God uses to save someone else. My heart is burdened for those who are lost and don't know The Way and also for those who know The Way but have departed from it. But to be able to lift up God daily in front of a child and help show them The Way, what a wonderful service to God.

I have always felt a calling to help others. When I was younger I thought it would be in the medical field. I worked as a Certified Nursing Assistant at a nursing facility for about two years but didn't feel like that was the right thing. Then when I started working in the school system with disabled children I thought, "OK, God. I see now what it is you want me to do." But I grew increasingly troubled over the years because I did not agree with so many of the things that went on in the public schools. And I felt like as long as I was working in it, I was as good as condoning it. All the while, I had this feeling that God had something BIG that He wanted me to do. Long story short - the daycare started being planned and I felt like that was God's way of showing me that He is going to use me in Christian education. I think that this is just the beginning of my "something big" that He wants me to do. I don't know where it will lead. But as long as God is leading, I know I can't go wrong! Until next time...be blessed!

No comments: