Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Psalm 14:1-3;

Psalm 14:1-3
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

I was studying and I came across this scripture, and even though I have read it before it started me thinking and I had to share my thoughts. I know there are many who believe in God, but how many are actually SEEKING Him? Do we do what He wants us to do or what WE want to do? I am guilty of this myself at times. We all want God's blessings but no one wants to work for them. We leave God out of everything in our daily lives and then wonder why our lives are in such a mess. We need to SEEK God. Seek His guidance and His approval. As long as we do what He wants us to do, we can't go wrong. I need for God to be pleased with me and my life and the only way I will gain that favor is by seeking Him and asking what He would have me to do.

I know that the WWJD slogan has become a bit overused and I think in doing so, the meaning has been lost on a lot of people. But we need to continuously ask "WWJD" (What Would Jesus Do?) or even go a bit further and say "What Would Jesus Have ME To Do?" I know I fail to do that at times. And that is a sure fire way to mess up! I want to seek God. I want to seek His guidance, His approval, His favor, His wisdom. There are so many ways in which we can SEEK God. We just have to make the effort to do so. Oh, and by the way......Luke 11:9 "And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." and don't forget.... Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

People let's stop searching for answers within ourselves and this world and SEEK GOD!

No comments: