Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Another prayer request

Sometimes it seems there is so much sickness going around and so many people in need of healing.  But we can never pray too much!  Even if someone is about to go out to meet the Lord, we still need to pray for their families.  And God can work through sickness and death just like He can through anything.  So with that being said, please remember my friend JW and his family.  His grandmother is not doing well at all.  She has a lot of medical problems and is in the hospital right now.  Also continue to remember my friend David and his mother Joanne as well as the rest of their family.  I haven't heard from David in a few days so I am not sure how Joanne is doing, but I will let you all know as soon as I know.  And if you don't have anything else to pray for, pray for me.  I will be going to the doctor this Friday to find out why my feet and legs are swelling so badly and also to find out why I keep having panic attacks.  Sometimes they are so bad I feel like I am having a heart attack.  Of course, I know it is really a SATAN attack!!  Satan is the perpetrator of sickness and sorrow.  Therefore I rebuke him in the name of the Lord.  Jesus said that by HIS stripes, we are healed and I truly believe that.  So with your prayers and God's intervention I feel confident that I will get a good report from the doctor Friday. 
 
You know sickness comes in all forms, though.  Satan attacks not just our physical health, but our mental health as well.  And there are many people I know that are suffering from depression and other mental illnesses.  Pray for these people too.  There is this song that my friend, Robin sings called "We've Got The Power".  It says "though satan rages, we cannot be defeated".  I love that.  We have already won through the power of Jesus.  He gives us victory over sickness, sadness, poverty, loneliness, fear, addiction, and so many other plagues of satan.  If we will just stay prayed up and in God's will, we can overcome!!  God loves it when we pray for one another and He listens and answers our prayers according to His will.
 
One more thing before I go:  My friend Annette belongs to a motorcycle club that is very active in various community activities.  This past Saturday they had a hot dog supper to feed the homeless and needy.  She was telling me about a 21 year old woman that came to eat.  The woman was homeless....she had nothing....didn't even have shoes on her feet.  She said she had 2 children that were taken away from her when she became homeless and that the homeless shelter wouldn't even take her in because she didn't have any form of ID.  She had been living in the woods.  The girls gave her some shoes and clothes and fixed her a bag with snacks and drinks.  That will get her through for a little while.  But that woman (and so many like her) are in desperate need of your prayers.  Because although people can offer short-term help, God is The Problem Solver.  He can fix any situation.  And He can turn her whole life around.  A lot of people think that everyone that is homeless is an alcoholic or drug addict or that they "choose" to live that way.  That may be true of a percentage of people.  But there are a lot that are just like you and me.  They have run into hard times and ended up without a home or anywhere to go.  Without a permanent address it is hard for them to get a job and pull themselves out of their situation.  Don't ever think you are above being in that situation yourself!  Most Americans are only 2-3 paychecks away from being homeless!  I know myself that there were times that if it weren't for God's mercy and grace and the help of my family and friends, I could have very easily ended up homeless myself.  With the economy the way it is and jobs being lost right and left, there will be more and more people ending up on the streets.  We need to agree together in prayer for God to help these people and their situations.  And that He would get glory from whatever happens.  The Bible says that you know you are saved because you love the brethren.  Well, these people are our brothers and sisters too.  And they need our prayers. 
 
Well, I guess that is all for now, because it is already 11:30 and I have to get in bed (YAWN!!!).  Until next time, be blessed......
 
Love,
Stephanie

No comments: