Saturday, July 16, 2005

My past few days...

I am glad to be able to tell you that David's mom, Joanne is doing really well. Please continue to remember that family in prayer. I went to my doctor's visit yesterday and I really feel like we got a lot accomplished. She put me on a fluid pill because of the swelling in my legs and feet. She said it comes from me sitting with my legs bent at the knee all day (like when you sit at a COMPUTER!!!). The pills seem to be helping and I just started them yesterday. She also put me on Paxil to help with my anxiety. So far I can't see any effects of that yet, but she said it takes up to two weeks to really get in your system before you can see any difference. Of course, the pills are a very minor part of that. I happen to be a patient of the Great Physician as well! I know that God has His hand on me. Without that, there aren't any pills or treatments or anything that would do me any good.

Today my kids and I went with my friends Debbie, Robin, Annie Ruth (and her boyfriend, Don), and Terra to Asheboro to sing for the mother of a friend of Debbie's. Her name is Betty and she is dying of cancer. Please pray for her and her family. Betty is saved and on her way Home, but she has many loved ones that are lost and are in need of your prayers. I pray that something that was said or done today will make a difference in someone's life. If just one soul is saved because of our endeavors, then it is worth it all!! We got lost going up there and a trip that should have taken around 45 minutes ended up taking us almost 2 & 1/2 hours!! But that was ok, because we had a lot of fun talking and singing and praising the Lord.

I always get uplifted when I am around them. They have been so good to me and are just like family to me. Debbie is such an inspiration to me. She has been through so much and is such a wonderful witness for the Lord. If you haven't seen her website, http://www.geocities.com/debbiesstory , then you really need to go check it out and read her testimony. I am going to try to talk her into starting a blog like this one so that she can update it more often. A blog is just so much easier to manage than an entire website. Anyway, Debbie is continually a blessing to me and when I feel weak or tested, I usually think of her and it encourages me to go on and try harder.

Robin has been my friend for a long time and she has always been a blessing to me. She loves the Lord so much and I firmly believe she really tries to put Him first in her life. I know that she has been an inspiration to so many people. She has a couple of websites too, that if you haven't seen them you need to! Her websites are http://www.geocities.com/mrsrobinbunting and http://www.iwantustobetogeatherinheaven.com . She also has some of her songs on there that you really need to hear. Robin and I used to sing in a gospel group called Redeemed and those are some wonderful memories I will cherish always.

Annie Ruth has been such a good friend to me and she is like a grandmother to me. She is always there to listen if I need someone to talk to and she has the most positive outlook of anyone I have ever known. You never hear her say anything bad about anyone. She is always loving and kind and I know she has blessed so many people. She and Don just recently started dating. I am so happy for them. I pray that things work out wonderfully for them. I have prayed for a long time that God would send her a companion. She lost her husband 3 years ago and he is waiting for her on the other side. But I am glad to see her have some happiness while she is still here on earth. Annie Ruth if you are reading this...I love you, and YOU GO GIRL!!! ;-)

Terra always makes me smile. She is always one to cut up and laugh. You just can't feel bad when you are around her. She has such a wonderful voice too. And she has been a blessing to me even though I don't always tell her. She has been through a lot recently but she didn't let the devil hold her down. She got back up on her feet and kept pressing forward. I respect her for that. And I know God will honor it as long as she keeps going on for Him.

I hope that between all of us someone got a blessing today. But even if no one else there got a blessing, I did. And the funny thing is that these are the same people that never fail to tell me what a blessing I am to them. I hope they know that THEY are the blessing. They are just a few of the wonderful people God has put in my life. You know, He always knows what we stand in need of. So He knows I need encouraging and uplifting (and funny!) people in my life to help keep me strong. That's why I have friends like Debbie, Robin, Annie Ruth, and Terra.

Please continue to pray for all the prayer requests and until next time, be blessed........

Love,
Stephanie

No comments: