Friday, October 14, 2005

Yet another request.

This was forwarded to me from a friend of mine.  Please pray for this lady that she works with.  It sounds like she is really in a battle right now. 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 12:55 PM
Subject: Yet another request.

This is an email that was forwarded to me from a woman I work with.  Please put her on your prayer request list she needs all the help she can get at this time. 
 
 
Greetings,
 
I write to clear up the mystery of where I am. I write quickly before this thing takes over again and I can't communicate.
I am in a battle. The enemy is 4th stage cancer, which means it spread from the original site. My weapons are daily radiation (they zap me me in 9 different places) and weekly IV's of cisplatin, one of the nastiest chemotherapy drugs out there. My anti-nausea drugs costs $100 per pill. I take them 2x daily because the radiation includes my abdomen, which is in addition to the 3 days of nausea the chemo brings on. I am sick every day. This treatment will last weekly through Oct. and into the first or second week of Nov.
Narcotics are my friend, for they allow me to smile at my family and helpful friends. Sleeping pills are a must. Appetite inducers were just added to the list so I can re-nourish and re-grow the normal cells that are getting killed aloongside the cancer. Otherwise food is disgusting. Even water tastes poisonous. I was losing weight and getting weak. I've already had 4 pints of blood transfusions.
I want everyone to know how much I appreciate the extra work you may have to do to while I am gone. I am not sure when I will be back. But as soon as I am able, most likely before Christmas.
How does a health-food, natural healer reconcile herself with getting cancer? I am working on the answer to that. I've even been asked to write an article for a local health magazine when I have some answers.
Meanwhile carry-on, and remember its not easy being on this planet right now, but, here we are, nonetheless.
 
in love and light,
Deborah Hedgecock

No comments: