Friday, November 10, 2006

A Couple Of Things

I just wanted to remind all of you who knew Lynn Carter that her memorial service will be tomorrow night (Saturday 11/11) at 7:00pm at McClure Funeral Home in Mebane. If you knew Lynn or any of the Carter family, I know they would appreciate you stopping by.

Please continue to remember Lynn's family in your prayers. Especially her children. I am 31 years old and I would be a wreck if I lost my mother, so I can't even imagine what they are going through and at such a young age. Lynn's youngest son was younger than my two children. And I know that we are supposed to rejoice at death and grieve at birth, but that's easier said than done. I have taken this really hard myself simply because she was my friend and I will miss her and also because it was so unexpected. But it just goes to show that we are not promised tomorrow. Therefore it pays to be ready TODAY. I am leaning on God for strength and comfort and I am praying that He gives the same to Lynn's family. I have to sing at her memorial service tomorrow night and that will be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I know that God will get me through it though. And I pray that He would use me to speak to someone there. I am praying that something wonderful will come out of all of this....that a soul would be saved, or someone encouraged back from the brink. I'm not sure exactly what God has in store, but I am expecting miracles.

Now...getting back to what I was saying about not being promised tomorrow. You know, I love God with my whole heart and I long for the day when I can see Him face to face. But I have to admit that in my flesh, because I love my family, I don't want to leave this old world just yet. That's just the human in me. I want to see my children grow up and get married and have families of their own. I want to grow old with my husband and enjoy many joyous years of serving the Lord. And I have many family members and friends who don't know the Lord, and I would love to stay here long enough to see them accept Him and make their life right. Now with that being said, make no mistake...although I am not in a HURRY to get to Heaven, I am READY to go. I'm not perfect...far from it in fact....but my sins have been forgiven by the King of all Kings, the Lover of My Soul, my Savior Jesus Christ. And through faith, I know that because I have done according to His Word and have sought Him, I have been given my ticket to my home on the other side. But there was a time when I couldn't say that. There was a time when I would say "Oh yeah, I'm going to Heaven" but deep in my heart I wasn't sure. At that time I knew I wasn't living right. I was about as far from God as I could be. But thanks be to Him, He patiently waited for me to come back to Him and make things right. What would have happened if my time on earth had ended back then? I honestly believe I would be in hell today. And that's something we just don't know.....we could go out to meet the Lord today, tomorrow, next month, or 20 years from now. No fortune teller, psychic or magic 8 ball is going to tell you for sure when your time is going to be up. And so many of us are taking such a big risk by saying, "I'll get things right tomorrow". But what if tomorrow never comes? Not only are we faced with death, there is also the impending certainty of the Rapture. And if Jesus split those skies today to call His children home, would you go with Him or be left here? Because it's not a choice you will be able to make when it happens. Jesus isn't going to stand there and wait for you and say "Are you coming or not?" It doesn't work that way. You have to make that choice NOW. 2 Corinthians 6:13 says: For He says:“ In an acceptable time I have heard you,And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

I am sure that when Lynn woke up Monday morning, she had no idea that she would go out to meet God before the day was done. She had no idea that she was about to leave this world and everything in it.

Now for those of us still left here, we have two choices: we can continue to go on about our lives as we have before, or we can make preparations to see Lynn again one day. We can seek God NOW so that we have a promise of tomorrow. People, we are playing literal Russian Roulette with our lives! We are biding time, thinking (hoping) that God will give us one more day to make things right. But we are not promised one more day, not even one more minute. And if your time on earth ended right now, where would you spend eternity? If you can't say without a shadow of a doubt that you would be in heaven, then I strongly encourage you to go to http://www.geocities.com/lighthousebaptistchrch/howtobesaved and read How To Be Saved. You can have the assurance that no matter when you are called home that you will spend eternity in splendor and joy, not in torment and flames. I have my ticket....I have made my preparations...and whenever God calls me home, I know that I will be at home with Him forever. Please be there with me.

Until next time....

Be blessed!

Love,
Stephanie

christian glitter graphics myspace code christian images
Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com