Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Very Interesting

Any of you who know me, know that I am very passionate about music. I love all kinds of music and all different artists. I have also been against music censorship (by the government) for a long time. One reason for that is because FORBIDDEN fruit appears much tastier. When a teenager sees a "parental advisory" label on a cd it makes him/her want it that much more. Of course, I am speaking in generalities here, but my main point is the same: Parents, we need to get involved in our children's lives. We need to know what they are listening to, and what we are allowing in our homes. I'm not saying go through your kid's cd case and throw out everything that isn't by a Christian artist. You have to be led by your own convictions on that. I, myself, as I said before listen to ALL kinds of music. Of course Christian music is predominantly played in our home, but we also listen to country, rock, rap, jazz, oldies, and more. However, the point that I am trying to make is this: WE NEED TO DO OUR RESEARCH - - - WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE LISTENING TO!! I have been doing some reading tonight and I found a couple of very interesting things that I did not know:

Did you know that, in his autobiography "The Doggfather", that Snoop Dogg actually says that he sold his soul to the devil to become a rich and famous rapper?

Did you know that Erykah Baduh spoke at a "Christian" conference where she proclaimed to thousands of people that we are all divine creatures and that God is inside each and every one of us, which makes us gods?

Those are just two examples of artists that I personally have listened to their music and didn't have a clue about the person behind the music.

The devil will try to creep in any way he can and loves to use our ignorance against us. What we don't know WILL hurt us. I encourage every one of you to start researching the artists you listen to. If they are against God in any way, then you shouldn't want their music played in your home! I know of two that I will no longer listen to, and I will start being more careful and better informed of the influences I allow myself and my family to listen to.

I am in no way trying to tell you what to do. You need to allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in everything, including what music you listen to. All I'm saying is, don't let satan deceive you. Know what influences you are allowing around you and your family. Then seek God and make your decisions based on what He speaks to your heart.

I just felt led to share this. I hope that someone is blessed by this. I love you all.

Love,

Stephanie


Myspace Layouts


Myspace Layouts

No comments: