Sunday, November 12, 2006

What A Week!!

Man, the devil is really fighting!!  Satan knows he doesn't have long to do his dirty work because Jesus is coming back soon.  So he is trying to do all he can to hurt and discourage God's people.  Just in the past week, I lost a very dear friend through death, my pastor wound up at the hospital, satan has been attacking my health and finances.......that's just in the past week!!  But Psalms 30:5 tells me that JOY IS COMING IN THE MORNING!!!!!  I am so glad that I serve a God that is always there for me.  He never leaves me.  He is always there to comfort me and fix my problems.  There is nothing too big for Him to handle.  And although I may get down, I'm not out.  Because I have God in my corner and I know that "greater is He that is within me"!!  I love that song by Yolanda Adams that says "The battle is not yours, it's the Lord's".  God said He would fight my battles for me.  How great is that.  I can remember when I was younger and in school and (as young kids do) sometimes someone would start running their mouth and I would end up in a fight.  But sometimes my "friends" would say they had my back, but when it came down to it, they were no where to be found.  But God always has my back.  So I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank God for always being there for me.  I know I am not worthy.  And that just makes me that much more thankful.  Because there's no way I deserve the blessings God has bestowed upon me.  I have a wonderful family, a place to stay, food to eat, clothes on my back.  We have never done without anything!!  God has always supplied my family's needs.  So the devil can try to bring me down.  He can throw what he can at me.  He can try to break my heart and break my will.  But I serve a God that is going to carry me through.  The devil might be too much for me to handle sometimes, but he is never too much for GOD to handle!!!  So things in this old world might bring me down, but only down to my knees.  And that's where we all need to be anyway is on our knees.  We need to all realize that we are in a battle and that we need to be fighting.  Not each other.....but fighting satan!!  Tell him to "bring it on"!!  And let the people around us see how God brings His people through!!!!!  Just trust in God.  He is the one who has the power to do ALL things!!  Thank you God, just for being God!!!

No comments: